Palace Soestdijk • Summer house for the mayor of Amsterdam (1650)
Paleis Soestdijk was build as a summer house for the mayor of Amsterdam late 1650. From 1675 it became property of governor William III. His family resided there off and on until they lost it during French occupation. From 1815 it was gifted to the later king William II. During 1900’s the Dutch royal family resided here. In the current century the grounds were used for art events and in the future the site will be a cultural place for living and recreation.